- Academia. Primary use allowed universities to interconnect.
- Static content. Simple web pages provided limited content to the public.
- Dynamic content. Business transactions were possible. Online banking and shopping became the norm.
- Social networks. Internet has become ingrained as the social norm. Regular interactions with friends and family occur with online services such as Facebook, Twitter, and Google.
Radio Frequency Identification
- Physical limitations: Size, available memory, CPU power, and power.
- Logical limitations:
- LLNs operate with a hard, very small bound on state.
- LLN optimize for saving energy.
- Unicast and Anycast.
- Limited link layers with restricted frame-sizes.
- Efficiency versus generality.
Retrieved from http://www.ieee802.org/15/pub/TG4.html.
Retrieved from : http://datatracker.ietf.org/wg/roll/charter/.
Retrieved from http://6lowpan.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/Shelby-core-tutorial-v2.ppt.pdf.
Retrieved from http://www.cisco.com/web/about/ac123/ac147/archived_issues/ipj_6-4/ipv4.html.